Sunday, March 13, 2011

Music is my...

Boyfriend? Yep it sure is this week! 

At the end of my return to blogging novel yesterday I broke the news that I am headed to SXSW this Tuesday for the music part of the festival.  For those of you who don't know what SXSW is (neither did I when I first heard about it) it is basically the coolest thing since Lollapalooza. SXSW is a Music + Film interactive conference type event.  It is a big music festival, a big film festival, a social media meltdown, a networking heaven, a technology explosion, all in all it is pretty awesome.

Aaaannnnd my job is sending me.

Say it with me now, ALL. EXPENSES. PAID.

I live a charmed life, sometimes.  I really cannot wait for that $9 taco from the taco hut.  Ummm I mean all the good MUSIC.  SXSW gets even better because while SXSW puts on about 10 million shows and events, the festival itself is so huge that a ton of people make side events not necessarily put on by SXSW.  Two of my my all time favorite music websites, Pitchfork and I Guess I'm Floating have multiple events through the week. 

So what bands/events am I most excited for? (besides the people watching, picture taking opportunities and food ;)

The Strokes
TV on the Radio
Wiz Khalifa
Lupe Fiasco
CeeLo GreenPhantogram
Small Black
The Black Lips
Dum Dum Girls
Guards
The Sounds
Surfer Blood
Beach Fossils
Baths
Smith Westerns
Rooney
Solid Gold
She Wants Revenge
Foster The People


Those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head! Yeah, you're going to want to stick around for my recap of the week...

In other news my friend made a list of all the bands she's seen live, and inspired me to do the same:

1. Avril Lavigne (hahaha wish I had pictures of this- I was in 6th grade I think?)
2. All-American Rejects and Fall Out Boy
3. Multiple KDWB Jingle Balls (can't for the life of me remember the bands I saw, Kelly Clarkson was in one I think? Middle school was a long time ago...)
4. Gym Class Heroes (twice weirdly enough)
5. Doomtree
6. Caribou and Toro & Moi
7. Pitchfork Music Festival (St.Vincent, Best Coast, Neon Indian, Girls, Washed Out, Beach House, Local Natives...I think that's all of them.)

Can't wait to add to and improve this sad sad short list this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment