Saturday, March 19, 2011

Trending: Hipster Style at SXSW

SXSW can best be described as a mob scene of music obsessed trendy hipsters.  I have to admit I love Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, anything with a vintage look, and thrifting so I suppose you could call me a hipster.  But I don't think I'm fashionable enough since lately a mixture of Target and Forever21 finds have been the only additions to my closet...and I probably wear leggings a little too often. 

Everybody looked about the same at SXSW like they came straight out of an Urban Outfitters catalog, only drunker and dirtier.  So here are the trends I noticed, for better or for worse.

If you're a guy and want to be hipster, it's pretty easy.  You can go all out and get into the specifics of guy hipster fashion (tight black jeans, tailored button-up, skinny tie, etc. etc.)...or you can wake up, skip your shower, grab your knock-off Ray-Bans, and put on a plaid shirt.




Us ladies don't have it so easy...but we do get to have some more fun.

We get...

Stripes






Floral Patterns





Maxi Dresses




Hats






So what are my must haves for summer? A long black and white striped maxi dress and a floppy hat.  Lately I've been migrating away from the loud prints I was obsessed with in High School and towards neutral colored, flowy, minimalist kind of look.

Not that I'm a hipster or anything like that...heaven forbid ;)


What are your must haves for summer fashion?

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I think you forgot to mention the fashion trend: cat on shoulder.

    ReplyDelete